If you are a victim of crime then you still need to contact the police. However if you are a witness or have information, there are several further routes.

For emergencies, call 999.

Call 101

Police stations no longer have direct phone numbers.  The best way to contact the Metropolitan Police for non-emergencies is 101.

Reporting Online

If you don’t want to use the phone number or encounter problems, you can also report anything from crimes to terrorist information online:


Sutton Police Station

A desk remains open at the station where you can speak with an officer.  However be aware that several departments work out of Croydon station, so there is no guarantee that an appropriate person will be there for all situations.  If you are at home, it is recommended you call 101 instead.

Reporting Local Information

If you don’t need to report a crime, but want to report local information you think might be useful to the police, you should contact the dedicated local officers:


When you are concerned that contact with the police could put you in danger, the charity Crimestoppers has a phone number and online system to report information anonymously.

If you want to use this service, plan what you need to communicate in advance.  As there will be no way to come back to you for more information, it is vital that you detail everything you know fully, otherwise when the police are given the information, there might not be enough to work with.

Telephone: 0800 555 111
Website: https://crimestoppers-uk.org/

Other issues